This day’s pre-bored solider piles work is in progress at my site for the cut and cover and launching chamber area, We are using ISMB 610 x 229 and 610 x 220 sections for soldier piles.
Work sequence is as below, I will try to cover them in my next post.
1. Splicing of ISMB sections.
2. Setting out of soldier piles.
3. Boring of pile using 1.5m casing pipe on the top, bentonite slurry will be used as soil stabilizing liquid.
4. Installation of soldier piles.
5. Backfilling of a borehole with the excavated earth.