What is My Eyes Only on Snapchat?
“My Eyes Only” in Snapchat is kind of a password-protected folder that allows your Snaps extra privacy.
Basically when you move Snaps, Stories or media from camera roll in your Memories to My Eyes Only — You can only access them by entering your password. Note If you forget your passcode, Team Snapchat cannot help you access or recover Snaps in My Eyes Only.
Follow the steps to set up My Eyes Only for the first time.
- Swipe up from the Camera Screen to open Memories.
- Press and hold on a Snap and tap ‘Move’
- Tap ‘Quick Setup’
- Create a password
This will be your new passcode and is the only way to access My Eyes Only! If you don’t want to use a 4-digit passcode, you can instead set a passphrase of letters and numbers — tap ‘Use Passphrase’ at the bottom.
- Read the information, and if you agree, tap the circle icon and tap ‘Continue’
- Tap ‘Finish’
Move Snaps in Memories to My Eyes Only
After you save a Snap or Story to Memories, you can move it to My Eyes Only. You can also move photos and videos from your Camera Roll to My Eyes Only.
To move Snaps from Memories to My Eyes Only.
- Swipe up from the Camera screen to open Memories.
- Select between snaps stories and camera roll.
- Tap and hold the Snaps and Stories you want to move to My Eyes Only
- Tap ‘Hide’ at the bottom
- Tap ‘Move’