How to remove phone number from Snapchat account
Snapchat requires users to have a phone number associated with their account for security and verification purposes. However, you may want to remove your phone number from Snapchat for privacy reasons or because you no longer have access to the number.
Unfortunately, there is no way to directly remove your phone number from Snapchat. However, there is a workaround that you can use. To do this, you will need to create a new Snapchat account and use your old phone number to verify it. Once your new account is verified, you can log out of your old account and delete it.
Here are the steps on how to remove your phone number from Snapchat:
- Open Snapchat and tap on your profile picture in the top left corner.
- Tap on the gear icon in the top right corner to open your Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on “Log Out.”
- On the login screen, tap on “Sign Up.”
- Enter your username, email address, and date of birth.
- Enter your old phone number in the “Mobile Number” field.
- Tap on “Continue.”
- Snapchat will send you a verification code via SMS. Enter the code in the app to verify your account.
- Once your account is verified, you can log out of your old account and delete it.
To delete your old account, go to the Snapchat website and log in. Click on your profile picture in the top right corner and select “Settings.” Scroll down and click on “Delete My Account.” Enter your password and click on “Continue.” Your account will be deleted within 30 days.
Important: Keep in mind that you will not be able to recover your old account once it is deleted.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- You can only use a phone number to verify one Snapchat account at a time.
- If you are using a Google Voice number, you will need to verify your account using a different method, such as your email address.
- If you are having trouble verifying your account, you can contact Snapchat support for assistance.