What is the restricted mode on YouTube?
Restricted mode is something like a parental control tool enabled on YouTube. It prevents you from seeing annoying or sensitive videos on the platform and works on both the mobile app and the website.
How does restricted mode work?
Well, YouTube’s algorithm uses age restrictions, community tagging, and many other factors and signals to flag certain content as inappropriate and no longer display it in restricted mode.
Is it possible to disable restricted mode on YouTube?
Switching off the restricted mode is definitely possible. But when a network block is the reason for YouTube In restricted mode (for example, for parental computers and school computers), a proxy site can help you bypass the block. However, if the proxy sites are also blocked, It is not possible.
Steps to disable restricted mode on youtube.
Go to www.youtube.com Use your default browser. You can do this in incognito and normal browsing modes. In any case, you should log in to your YouTube account if you are not yet logged in. Go to the top right corner of the YouTube main page window and enter your details. Once you are logged in, your profile icon will appear in the top right corner.
- Click on it and a drop-down menu will be displayed.
- At the bottom of this menu and you will see Restricted Mode: On. Click on it.
- Click the switch in this menu to disable the restricted mode.
- The page will be updated and the YouTube cache will automatically reset.
- Open the YouTube app, and sign in to your account if you’re not already signed in.
- Tap on your profile icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on settings.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on the switch next to Restricted Mode. (Make sure it’s Grey)
- And you are done.